Elaine is a full-time mental health professional with a private practice in both Ilderton and Missisauga, Ontario. Her counselling focus includes;
- couples counselling (pre-marital, marital and recovery from a separation or extra-marital relationship)
- depression, anxiety and stress
- eating disorders
- counselling for credentialed ministers and church leaders
- supporting partners of sexual addicts
Elaine holds the following titles and memberships:
- Ph.D. in Counselling
- Associate Counsellor for Dr. Dan Dalton, Registered Clinical Psychologist
- Counselor and Psychotherapist – Ontario Association of Consultants, Counselors, Psychometrics and Psychotherapists (O.A.C.C.P.P.)
- PAOC District Approved Counsellor
Elaine employs effective counselling methods that are client centered and solution focused. Recognizing the bio-psycho-social-spiritual aspects of life, Elaine includes therapy techniques aimed for behavioural, cognitive, relational and faith-based development. She is a strong advocate for women, taking a lead role to pioneer many innovative support programs for women around the world.
Working extensively with professional organizations, churches and non-profit ministries, Elaine has developed and facilitated programs for training professionals, staff and parishioners. Her effective presentation, personal approach and humorous insight to life have made her a popular speaker on many counseling related topics. http://www.elaineolson.org/speaking.htm
Elaine has been married for 27 years and has three daughters.